SPOTLIGHT | ENGINEERING | DESIGN
Our employee spotlights shine a light on the uniqueness of our Techcon team members. Technology and family are the two core values of our team. Getting to know Andreas Johansson, Design Master at Techcon. Andreas joined Techcon team over 4 years ago. Following is Andreas’ story about his career and motivation.
- How did you become interested in this field? Tell us about your beginnings.
I have as long as I can remember liked to fiddle and tinker with things, especially mechanical systems. It is so satisfying to get a system to work as intended, where you have lived and breathed, turn, swapped, and changed the individual components to get them to interact and dance with each other to become not just a working mechanism, but more like an entity with a purpose, that’s love…
- How did you begin your career? When did you start your career and how did it happen?
This chapter of my life (and current career) started approximately 7 years ago when I found a dead-end in my last career and wanted to do something new. I didn’t know what or how, but so why not get a formal education in what you always have found so satisfying? So, this career began with a degree in mechanical engineering.
- What part of your job do you find most satisfying and what part most challenging?
Most satisfying for me is, I think, three-folded. It is really funat the beginning of a project to brainstorm different solutions for a problem and find the concept that most satisfies the needs intended to be satisfied. When the digital model of the concept is complete, satisfaction! It is also really fun when all physical parts are collected and being assembled, when the physical system is complete, satisfaction! When the system is tested in its real habitat, when it works as intended and the operators’ life is made easier, satisfaction!
- Tell us about the decisions that you have to make. What kinds of problems do you deal with?
Hardest decisions of them all: “should I take one more piece of cake?”
- What does the company do to contribute to its employees’ professional development?
Giving freedom to the employees to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.
- Share with us something more about yourself. If you could change something, what it would be?
Geographical location, somewhere less cold and dark, maybe Venus?
- What is your motto? What inspires you?
“How does this work?”
- What is your hobby? How do you spend your free time?
A hobby is to collect as many “wow moments” I can until I die.
- What advice would you give someone who is considering this type of job (or field)?
Be curious, mix the digital world with reality.